Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
9 Feb 2018

A message for parents from Belinda Greer, ESF CEO

Dear Parents,

The week leading up to Chinese New Year is a very special week in the school calendar and for ESF. I know that there is a great sense of disappointment at the loss of the Chinese New Year celebrations planned across our schools this week, particularly with so many hours of rehearsals that have gone into preparing for the celebrations. Chinese New Year will be celebrated in our schools when we come back together after the holiday, and we will review the programme for the ESF Carnival in March, to include performances missed at the ESF Chinese New Year Celebration 2018 which was to be hosted by Kennedy School.

I appreciate the disruption caused by the decision taken last week to close schools but I know that you will understand the need to act to prevent the spread of influenza and as this flu season has mainly affected young children, closing schools to cut the chain of infection and ultimately safeguard our children’s health is necessary.

I want to personally thank you for your understanding and co-operation. I share your frustration over the days lost in school and I understand the difficulties arranging childcare at such short notice. Our schools have taken control of the situation, with arrangements in place to keep in contact with your child and to set work for them for the duration of the closure.

Wishing you happiness and prosperity in the Year of the Dog.

Yours sincerely,

Belinda Greer
Chief Executive Officer
English Schools Foundation