Peak School was opened in 1911 when a mother recognised the need for a school in her area, so she opened up a room in her house to cater to a small group of neighbouring early learners. Due to swelling numbers of students, the school moved into a suite of rooms at the old Peak Hotel, and later on to the building that is currently Peak Fire Station. In 1953, Peak School opened in its current location, and became an ESF school in 1979. The strong sense of community — with active parents and united community involvement — remains a part of the Peak School’s foundation until today.
10 Jan 1911