- This event has passed.
An Introduction to 6 Traits + 1
21 April @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmHK$1200
The 6+1 Trait® Writing Model of Instruction & Assessment comprises 6+1 key concepts that define quality writing across different purposes and genres. This one day practical workshop, based around the work of Ruth Culham, is aimed at exploring how the 6+1 approach can help to develop student understanding of what it really means to be a great writer.
The day will be divided up into 6 mini-modules:
1. An introduction to the 6+1 traits
2. Understanding and teaching each of the traits
3. Recognising traits in student writing
4. Assessing writing progression using the 6+1 traits together with the IB and ESF Scope and Sequence
5. Using pictures books, children’s literature and texts connected to UOI
6. Planning, resourcing, adapting and integrating the 6+1traits into a PYP setting