Information and procedures for ESF
- Priced at HK$500,000 per ESF Individual Nomination Right.
- A maximum of 150 ESF Individual Nomination Rights will be issued every year.
- INR Nominees gain priority for admission (after Corporate Nominees, children of ESF full-time staff and siblings of students attending an ESF primary or secondary school).
- The INR entitles the holder to a one time nomination of one child for a place at an ESF school.
- Non-refundable capital levy payment is still applicable to the children joining ESF schools under the scheme.
- INR deposit of HK$50,000 is only refundable if a child is unsuccessful at interview.
- The remaining balance of HK$450,000 is payable immediately when a place is accepted.
- Sibling rights apply once the first child is enrolled into and attending an ESF school.
- Application may be made to any year group, with a small number of places being reserved for Year 1 and Year 7.
- Applications will be considered in strict order of receipt.
- Please hand or courier delivery the INR Application Form, cheque and supporting documents to the English Schools Foundation, Nomination Rights, 25/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong, marked for the attention of the Admissions Manager. Applications received will be date and time stamped. Applications cannot be lodged at a school.
- The INR applicant may indicate up to 3 schools in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each school listed in turn. The schools identified in respect of any Nominee can only be changed with the consent of ESF.
- Nominees must undertake to make their own travel arrangements if living outside the area covered by the school bus service.*
- If all available Individual Nomination Rights for selected school(s) are taken, application and deposit cheque will be returned and name and contact details placed on the central interest list for the first choice school. Interest list applicants will be contacted if and when an INR becomes available.
- Interview priority is allocated once deposit cheque is banked and INR certificate is issued.
- The offer of a place will be conditional on passing the English proficiency test/interview held at the school. The final decision whether to offer a place rests with the school.
- INR Nominees from overseas must have been studying in an English medium school or kindergarten for a minimum of two years prior to application.
- The final offer of a place will be conditional upon the relevant visa proof being provided as noted at:http://applications.edb.gov.hk/circular/upload/EDBC/EDBC12020E.pdf.
- The INR fee is not set against school tuition.
- The INR fee is forfeited if the above conditions are not met or if the student withdraws after an Individual Nomination Right has been issued.
- A child joining in Year 6 will have a guarantee of Year 7 place at one of the ESF secondary schools, although the place will not necessarily be at the school of zone.
- As there is a different admission process for allocation of ESF Learning Support Centre places and entry to Jockey Club Sarah Roe School, children with special educational needs are not eligible for nomination through the Nomination Rights scheme.
- *If a place in an out of zone school is accepted, an application for transfer to the school of zone follows a commitment period to the offering school. For overseas applicants, therefore, it is recommended that housing is found in the residential zone of the allocated ESF School.
Application Arrangements for Year 1 (children born in 2013) and Year 7 (children born in 2007)
ESF INR applications for students seeking admission to Year 1 and Year 7 in August 2018 may be made from 10:00 am on 4 September 2017. Click here for details.
Application form and links:
Click here to see FAQs on ESF Individual Nomination Rights.
Click here to find out about ESF Corporate Nomination Rights.
Updated on: 27 June 2017