Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption
27 Nov 2018

Island School students explore the world at Quest Week

From the Colosseum in Rome to the island of Cheung Chau, ESF Island School students explored the world during Quest Week in November.

With over 40 options to choose from, students were encouraged to embrace new experiences and challenges, as well as building new relationships across year groups and houses. Activities ranged from scuba diving in Fiji to understanding the lives of people living in Hong Kong’s cage homes.

Mackenzie Lai, one of the Island School student, went to Oman for her Quest Week trip. She said, “It was amazing sleeping under the stars and having an owl and a falcon sitting on my wrist. I did things I would have never done otherwise.”

Preksha Bindal went to Kyushu, Japan. When asked about her thoughts on her trip, she said, “I enjoyed the cultural aspect, I learnt more about Japanese culture than I could have done from sitting in a classroom or reading a book.”

Another Year 10 student chose a Hong Kong service project. “It really got everyone to start noticing the different social issues people in Hong Kong face,” Renee said.

“A lot of it was eye-opening and allowed me to really empathise and understand others’ situations. Understanding the issues also makes me more prone to helping others. I really liked how all the NGOs with visited worked hard to help us understand the challenges and processes, like playing slapjack with blurry vision.”

“Throughout this week, I learnt more about different volunteer services as well as how we can actually help the community. I think I’ll always keep this unforgettable memory with me!” she added.