- This event has passed.
Choreography of Presentation by Kendall Zoller
29 March @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
One event on 29 March, 2019 at 8:30am
This presentation skills training will allow participants to learn and be able to:
• Demonstrate the skills to establish credibility
• Practice the patterns for creating rapport one-on-one and with groups
• Read a group to determine their levels of involvement and connection with the topics. Including how to recognize thinking modalities and the matching of language to support thinking and rapport
• Explain how to balance the task and processes of the curriculum with the development of the group including when to use tight and loose protocols
• Demonstrate skills for listening to and acknowledging when participants speak including how to paraphrase and ask thinking questions
• Demonstrate skills for responding to participant’s comments and questions
• Recover with grace when things don’t go as planned
• Explain how to transfer the skills of presenting into effective teaching
Kendall Zoller is co-author of The Choreography of Presenting: The 7 Essential Abilities of Effective Presenters (Corwin Press, 2010) and President of Sierra Training Associates, Inc. He holds an Ed.D. in educational leadership from California State University, Fresno, and University of California, Davis. He provides professional learning seminars and keynotes on a variety of topics, including facilitation skills, presentation skills and adaptive leadership to schools, districts, universities, state agencies, and corporations throughout North America, including Canada.
Kendall is a learning strategist for the California POST Executive Development Course and Sherman Block Supervisory Leadership Institute (SLI). In addition to being an SLI facilitator trainer and coach, he also presents in the program, focusing on developing communication skills for leaders in Law Enforcement.
Please click here for registration.
This is a 2-day workshop which will be held on 28-29 March 2019.