Founded : 1902
Age range : 5 to 11
Number of students : 900
Curriculum : IB Primary Years Programme
KJS is one of the primary schools under the English Schools Foundation (ESF), the largest provider of English-medium international education in Hong Kong, and is a large, well-established five form entry school catering for 900 students from Year 1 to Year 6, and is an IB World School. Teaching and learning at KJS is rich in inquiry and underpinned by a rigorous approach to pedagogy and practice.
At KJS, our staff work in close partnership to realise our School Vision of “Success for Every Child”. Our aim is to help students develop the confidence, self-esteem and motivation necessary to “become lifelong learners who are empowered to take action to make a positive difference in the world”. We are committed to achieving our vision by:
● Being internationally minded.
● Our commitment to developing a community of learners.
● Developing independence and collaboration in pursuit of excellence.
● Valuing mistakes as learning opportunities and recognising endeavor.
● Treating others as we would like to be treated.
● Recognizing, respecting and actively seeking the ideas and opinions of others.
● Encouraging creativity and innovation.
● Having high expectations of ourselves and others.
● Promoting physical, social and emotional well-being across the community.
● Demonstrating our values through responsible action.
Areas south-west of Cherry Street and Ferry Street, the east side of Nathan Road to Boundary Street (excluding The Hermitage which is Beacon Hill School), including Yau Yat Chuen, then eastwards to the Choi Hung interchange. Areas south of Clearwater Bay Road, including Diamond Hill, Kowloon Bay, Telford Gardens, Ma Wan, Tung Chung and Laguna City, but excluding Tseung Kwan O.