Founded in 1926, Quarry Bay School (QBS) was opened to provide education for the children of expatriate employees of Swire at the Taikoo Dockyard and Sugar Refinery. With just 41 children, the school was originally located on top of a large flight of stairs with no air-conditioning. During World War II, the students continued their education in a camp in Stanley where expatriate civilians were sheltered. In 1979, the school became an ESF school. It was in the 1980s when QBS relocated to Victoria Barracks (now Admiralty in Central) and finally in 1985, it moved to its current location at Braemar Hill that holds up to 720 students.
10 Jan 1926