- This event has passed.
Positive Education and Restorative Practice : A Symbiotic Approach by Kristy Elliott
27 September, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmHK$1,600
Addressing the mental health challenges that exist globally and providing a climate of positive wellbeing and flourishing individuals in our school communities is a necessary priority of educators in every setting the world over. Positive Education and Restorative Practice are complementary approaches that together, comprehensively enhance the wellbeing of school communities.
Participants of this one day workshop will:
• enhance existing understanding of Positive Education and Restorative Practice
• through the lens of the PERMA model (Seligman, 2011), inquire into theoretical models and empirical research common to Positive Education and Restorative Practice including Barbara Fredrickson’s Broaden and Build Theory, Carol Dweck’s Mindsets (particularly as they relate to relationships and wrongdoing), Tompkins’ Affect Script Psychology and Peterson’s work around Character Strengths
• understand how Positive Education and Restorative Practices work symbiotically with one another
• engage in interactive experiences enabling them to apply taught skills and knowledge
• begin to strategically plan for the implementation of a cohesive wellbeing framework for their school that synergises Positive Education and Restorative Practice
Comprehensively aligning the research, principles and objectives of both Positive Education and Restorative Practice can enhance the integrity of both approaches, provide symbiotic support of approaches, create consistency throughout school communities, strengthen understanding and application of both approaches and contribute to the overall development of a flourishing school culture.
This workshop is for educators working in all settings from P-12 including administrators and leadership. It is recommended that participants have foundational knowledge/experience in Positive Education and Restorative Practice as basic pedagogy of approaches will not be covered during this workshop.