The TRIPLE ASSISTANCE PACKAGE consists of three elements. Parents may apply for any one or all of these schemes:
Scheme 1: Relief Grant
- All ESF fee paying families are able to opt in to receive a grant that equates to 45% of June’s school fees.
- This scheme is not open to any families who have already received fee remission in full from ESF, either through scholarship or financial assistance scheme. Those who have their fees paid by a private employer or the Government are eligible to receive the grant.
- Parents will shortly receive a message from their child’s school asking them if they want to opt into this scheme. It is important that parents reply to that message by 17:00 on Sunday 17 May in order to receive the grant.
Scheme 2: Extension of Current Financial Assistance Scheme to all families
The current, comprehensive ESF Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) – which offers up to 100% fee remission – will be extended to include families of:
- Year 1 and Year 7 students;
- students in ESF Kindergartens; and
- students who have joined ESF within this current academic year.
This extension of the FAS applies only to families who have suffered financial problems due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Find out more about the FAS here: www.esf.edu.hk/esf-fas
Scheme 3: New ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ to offer fast-track fee-deferrals
The launch of a new ‘Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Scheme’ that will offer fast-track support to families – giving them the option to defer up to 50% of their April, May and June 2020 fees – with the ability to pay back over 24 months starting in January 2021.
Who is Eligible?
- This assistance scheme is applicable to all students at ESF Kindergartens, ESF Primary, Secondary, All-through and Special Schools, with the exception of students who are NOT enrolling into an ESF school in August 2020.
What Does it Cover?
- Up to 50% fee remission for maximum three months of fees for any family who has suffered financial problems as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
What Period Does it Cover?
- This is a special scheme for the current school year only. We can offer relief for up to three months of fees during the period February to June 2020.
What Do I Need to Do?
- Just download and fill in the simple Application Form – and provide us with a copy of any document that relates to your current situation. This could be a copy of a letter from your employer that is cutting back your hours, asking you to take unpaid leave or terminating your employment.
- Please read these Guidelines before you submit your application.
What If I Am Self-Employed?
- You can also use this scheme if you run your own business. Again just fill in the form and our team will quickly guide you through the process.
How Long Will It Take?
- We will fast-track all applications – and we want to get you an answer as quickly as possible. We will be aiming to turn around all applications in days, rather than weeks.
Is there a Deadline to Apply for this Scheme?
- Yes, please submit your application on or before 1 June 2020.
We have a team on hand to answer questions and to help you through the process.
Just drop us a line at email@example.com and someone will contact you directly.