School fees for ESF primary and secondary schools
Entering ESF schools in the 2014/15 academic year
School fees, deposit and capital levy for the academic year 2014/15 are as follows:-
Primary schools (Primary 1 to 6) - HK$ 74,100 paid over 10 months
Secondary schools (Year 7 to 11) - HK$ 105,700 paid over 10 months
Secondary schools (Year 12 to 13) - HK$ 111,100 paid over 10 months
(the above fees are subject to approval from the Education Bureau)
- New students are required to pay both deposit and refundable capital levy (RCL) when a place in school is accepted. Payment details can be found on ESF enrolment form.
- The amount of deposit for a primary and secondary school place are HK$10,000 and HK$16,000 respectively. Refundable capital levy is HK$25,000 per student and the levy for the third and any subsequent child in a family attending ESF School is reduced to HK$10,000 provided that the first 2 children are currently attending ESF Schools and each of them has paid the $25,000 RCL respectively.
- Both deposit and RCL payments are required when students transfer from an ESF primary school to an ESF secondary school. If RCL has already been paid when the student enrolled to ESF primary school, the student is not required to pay RCL again when he/she transfers from ESF primary school to ESF secondary school.
- All students are required to make an advance payment of September’s fees for reserving the school place for the following school year. The advance payment of September’s fees will not be refunded if a student is subsequently not returning school in the following school year.
- After the introduction of RCL, existing students who have already paid RCL are exempt from the advance payment of September’s fee. However, if a student is not returning school in the following year and his / her parent does not inform ESF the withdrawal timely, tuition fees for September will be retained upon the refund of RCL.
- Fees are due on the first day of each month. Please note that parents are held responsible for payment of school fees regardless the fees are actually paid by their employers or by any other third parties.
- Effective August 2011, direct debit is mandatory in paying school fees for all students attending ESF schools. We recommend the “Limit for Each Month” to be set at HK$ 11,000 for primary and HK$ 14,000 for secondary. Click here to download the Direct Debit Authorisation Form.
- Statements of account and receipts are not sent to parents as fees are paid by monthly direct debit. However, payment receipts can be issued upon request. Please contact School Fees Section at firstname.lastname@example.org if receipt is required.
- There is a Financial Assistance Scheme available for families who experience financial hardship due to a sudden and unexpected change in circumstances. Financial assistance is not normally granted in the first year of admission. Information and application forms for the scheme are available from ESF Centre. Supporting documents on details for personal income and the circumstances from which the hardship arose will be required for all applications.
- Please note that if fee payments are overdue, students may be excluded from school. Once excluded, students will not be re-admitted until all arrears are cleared and at least one further month’s fees are paid in advance. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that an excluded student will be returned to his or her former class.
- Fees remain payable if a student goes on leave during term time. Year 11, 12 and 13 students, who may not attend normal classes during April, May and June, are still required to pay the full annual fee.
- Please ensure that school and/or ESF Centre are notified of any change of address, telephone numbers or designated bank account for direct debit promptly.
- If your child is going to withdraw from the school, please complete the official “Student Withdrawal Notice” and submit the notice to school admission office at least one calendar month before the last attendance date. (E.g. for a child withdrawing on 27 June, the withdrawal notice needs to be received by 5:00pm on 27 May.) In any event if your child will be leaving school at the end of the school year, the withdrawal notice must be received by 5:00pm on 31 May. Student Withdrawal Notice is accessible at school’s web-site and available at school’s admission office.
- RCL is not transferrable and will be refunded within one month after your child’s last attendance date, net of any outstanding balance on account.
- If a student leaves or is admitted part way through the school year, attendance on any day in a particular month renders school fees payable for the entire month.
- This summary will be updated from time to time to reflect the current ESF School Fees Policy.
Entering ESF schools in the 2015/16 academic year and after
For the new students joining ESF schools in August 2015 or after, they will be required to pay a one-off non-refundable capital levy (NCL). The non-refundable capital levy (NCL) will replace the refundable capital levy (RCL) from the academic year 2015/16 onwards.
The cost of the NCL will be HK$38,000 for students entering Year 1 and will be reduced, on a sliding scale, for students who join the system in later years as follows:-
|Year group||One-off NCL (HK$)|
The information about the NCL scheme can be viewed on the website: http://www.esf.edu.hk/non-refundable_capital_levy
If you have any queries about fees or deposits please contact our Customer Services Hotline at 3762 2422 quoting, if possible, your child’s student account number, which is shown on all receipts.