As we approach the end of the school year, we are writing to let you know the procedure to confirm your child’s place for 2022/23. If you will be withdrawing your child and have submitted the Withdrawal Notice to your school, please ignore this letter.
Every year, parents need to reserve a school place for their child for the following year by making an advance payment of September’s fees as a surety. The following parents are exempted from making advance payment as school places for their children are already reserved:
- whose child is currently attending Year 6 and has secured a Year 7 place in any ESF schools for 2022/23 already; or
- whose child is newly enrolled to an ESF school to start in August 2022, including those who will attend Year 1 and Year 7; or
- who is a civil servant and receiving “local education allowance” (LEA) from the HKSAR Government; or
- who has already paid the Refundable Capital Levy (RCL) of HK$25,000 and the levy is still on the account.
Advance payment for 2022/23 are as follows:
|Primary||Years 2 to 6||HK$11,580|
|Secondary||Years 8 to 11||HK$13,380|
|Secondary||Years 12 to 13||HK$14,070|
The advance payment will be used to offset tuition fees for September 2022. If there is a revision of fees in the next academic year, the difference will be payable in September 2022.
Please note that your child’s school place will not be confirmed if we do not receive your advance fees before the payment due date or if there are any outstanding tuition fees on the account without prior arrangements at the beginning of the next academic year.
The advance payment will be debited from your designated bank account on 1 August 2022. Please ensure that there are sufficient funds in the account. If you have not set up the direct debit authorisation, please complete the Direct Debit Authorisation Form and send it back to English Schools Foundation, G.P.O. Box 11284, Hong Kong by 1 June 2022 as it takes up to six weeks for the bank to process the direct debit.
If your monthly tuition fees are being settled by your employer directly, please make the payment by cheque on or before 15 July 2022:
- Click hereto download and complete the cheque payment slip;
- Send the cheque payment slip together with a crossed cheque made payable to “English Schools Foundation” to “G.P.O. Box 11284, Hong Kong” on or before 15 July 2022. Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
If you are withdrawing your child at the end of this academic year, please submit the student withdrawal notice via the ESF App by 1 June 2022. Otherwise, we will assume that your child is returning after summer and parents are liable for the tuition fees for September 2022 even if the student does not return to school.
Should you have any queries regarding the above, please contact our Billing Team at email@example.com
We would like to thank you for your cooperation on this matter, and we wish your child every success in 2022/23.
Vivian Cheung Julie Wong
Chief Financial Officer ESF Head of Admissions