Sha Tin College excels in CIS and WASC 5-year accreditation review
Sha Tin College (STC) has successfully completed its five-year review by the two international educational accreditation bodies, the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and has won a five-year accreditation extension.
The review culminated with a visit by representatives from CIS and WASC who thoroughly examined the college’s documentation, observed classes and met with several representatives of the school community from 27 to 29 October 2014.
“The review took a year to complete and involved the school examining various aspects of our educational practice. The review involved all teachers, many members of the support staff, students, parents and school counsellors,” said Neil Hodgson, STC’s vice principal. “We are delighted with the report and have had our accreditation extended for another 5 years.”
Visitors from CIS and WASC found many aspects of the college worthy of commendation, the most significant ones are:
- The use of the CIS /WASC accreditation processes and recommendations to drive school improvement.
- The school’s persistent aspiration of constant improvement of the quality of students’ learning and all factors that support such high quality learning for all students irrespective of their abilities and potential.
- The college’s commitment to ensuring high academic achievement.
- A student body that is fully engaged with learning and which contributes significantly to the life and development of the school.
- The energetic, positive and professional leadership of the school.
- The teaching, administrative and support staff for their overall enthusiasm, dedication and willingness to put in additional time to ensure that individual student’s needs are well catered for.
- The implementation of a range of methodologies and learning activities to suit the content being taught and the needs of the students.
- The creation of a strong sense of community and well-being, recognised by all sectors of the college.