Building Agency through Inquiry | Kath Murdoch
13 February @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmHK$1,600
Teachers will leave the session with a practical toolbox of idea and resources to support them in developing and nurturing student agency in their classrooms.
– what does a learner ‘with agency’ ‘look like’ in the classroom?
– the connection between learner agency and the learner as inquirer
– how an inquiry based approach to learning works to build agency in students
– why agency is so important for successful, independent inquiry
– how the language we use as teachers can promote or inhibit agency
– how to design learning engagements that nurture agency
– how to foster agency in ourselves as teachers
As always, the workshop will include a mix of practical examples from schools and interactive tasks.