Information and procedures for ESF/Discovery College/Renaissance College
- Priced at HK$500,000 per ESF Individual Nomination Right, HK$400,000 per Discovery College (DC) Nomination Right and HK$400,000 per Renaissance College (RC) Nomination Right.
- A maximum of 150 ESF Individual Nomination Rights will be issued every year covering all year groups. For Discovery College and Renaissance College, a series of 300 INR applications per College may be made to any year group, with a maximum of 30 and 60 places being reserved respectively for Year 1 Central Applications every year.
- INR Nominees gain priority for admission (after Corporate Nominees, children of full-time staff and siblings of students attending an ESF primary, secondary or all-through school).
- The INR entitles the holder to a one time nomination of one child for a place at an ESF school, Discovery College or Renaissance College.
- The Non-refundable capital/building levy payment is still applicable to the children joining ESF schools, Discovery College or Renaissance College under the respective schemes.
- INR deposit of HK$50,000 is only refundable if a child is unsuccessful at interview.
- The remaining balance of HK$450,000 is payable immediately when a ESF place is accepted. For a place at Discovery College or Renaissance College, the remaining balance of HK$350,000 is payable immediately when the place is accepted.
- Sibling rights apply once the first child is enrolled into and attending an ESF school, Discovery College or Renaissance College.
- Application may be made to any year group, with a small number of places being reserved for Year 1 (ESF schools, Discovery College and Renaissance College) and Year 7 (ESF secondary schools only).
- Applications will be considered in strict order of receipt.
- Please hand or courier delivery the INR Application Form, cheque and supporting documents to the English Schools Foundation, Nomination Rights, 25/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong, marked for the attention of the Admissions Manager. Applications received will be date and time stamped. Applications cannot be lodged at a school with exception of Discovery College and Renaissance College outside of the Year 1 Central Application processing period.
- The INR applicant may indicate up to 3 schools in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each school listed in turn. The schools identified in respect of any Nominee can only be changed with the consent of ESF.
- Nominees must undertake to make their own travel arrangements if living outside the area covered by the school bus service.*
- If all available Individual Nomination Rights for selected school(s) are taken, application and deposit cheque will be returned and name and contact details placed on the central interest list for the first choice school. Interest list applicants will be contacted if and when an INR becomes available.
- Confirmation of INR interview priority is dependent on the clearance of the deposit cheque.
- The offer of a place will be conditional on passing the English proficiency test/interview held at the school. The final decision whether to offer a place rests with the school.
- INR Nominees from overseas must have been studying in an English medium school or kindergarten for a minimum of two years prior to application.
- The final offer of a place will be conditional upon the relevant visa proof being provided as noted at: http://applications.edb.gov.hk/circular/upload/EDBC/EDBC12020E.pdf.
- The INR fee is not set against school tuition.
- The INR fee is forfeited if the above conditions are not met or if the student withdraws after an Individual Nomination Right has been issued.
- A child joining in Year 6 will have a guarantee of Year 7 place at one of the ESF secondary schools, although the place will not necessarily be at the school of zone. For Discovery College and Renaissance College Year 6, their secondary school place is guaranteed to the respective College.
- As there is a different admission process for allocation of ESF Learning Support Centre places and entry to Jockey Club Sarah Roe School, children with special educational needs are not eligible for nomination through the Nomination Rights scheme.
*If a place in an out of zone school is accepted, an application for transfer to the school of zone following a commitment period to the offering school may be requested. For overseas applicants, therefore, it is recommended that housing is found in the residential zone if allocated to a ESF Zoned School.
Application Arrangements for Year 1 (children born in 2015) and Year 7 (children born in 2009)
ESF/RC/DC INR applications for students seeking admission to Year 1 and Year 7 in August 2020 may be made from 10:00 am on 3 September 2019. Click here for details.
Application form and links:
Click here to see FAQs on Individual Nomination Rights.
Click here to find out about ESF Corporate Nomination Rights.
Updated on: 29 August 2019