1. Before starting to fill in the online application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card, passport or birth certificate numbers and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number and date of birth details;
- Details of child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Your credit card details for online payment of application fee. You will be requested to enter the 3 or 4 digit code found on the back of your credit card. If you decide to use a VISA card issued by a bank which has launched the “Verified BY VISA” or MasterCard Secure Code, you will be required by the bank to provide details for verification.
- Allow yourself 40-60 minutes to complete; suggested maximum time for online form is 90 minutes.
- Supporting documents (listed on the application checklist) in PDF format.
2. After submitting the OAS ‘Online Application’ form.
A. General Applications
If you are applying under General Applications, the following supporting documents must be submitted electronically on the ESF website. An application can only be considered when the necessary documents and application fee have been received by the Kindergarten.
- Copy of child’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the child is holding an overseas passport);
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the parent is holding an overseas passport);
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Two documents for proof of Hong Kong address (click here to view the list);
- Electronic photo of the applicant;
B. Central Applicants (K1) for academic year 2023/24
K1 (born in 2020)
Application period: 1-30 September 2022
If you are applying under Central Applications, the items must be submitted electronically on the ESF website. Supporting documents must be submitted electronically no later than 4 October 2022 for Central Application processing. The supporting documents are the same as above for General Applications.
Updated: 8 September 2022