1. Before starting to fill in the online application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card, passport or birth certificate numbers and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number and date of birth details;
- Details of child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Your credit card details for online payment of application fee. You will be requested to enter the 3 or 4 digit code found on the back of your credit card. If you decide to use a VISA card issued by a bank which has launched the“Verified BY VISA” or MasterCard Secure Code, you will be required by the bank to provide details for verification.
- Allow yourself 40-60 minutes to complete; suggested maximum time for online form is 90 minutes.
- Supporting documents (listed on the application checklist) in PDF format.
2. After submitting the online application form
A. General Applications (All other year groups for 2019/20 and 2020/21)
If you are applying under General Applications, supporting documents must be submitted electronically to the school of zone according to your Hong Kong residential address. To determine the school of zone, please refer to ESF school zone document on the website. If in doubt, you may call the school of zone or email firstname.lastname@example.org. An application can only be considered when the necessary documents and application fee are received by the school.
If you are applying for Renaissance College or Discovery College as your first preference of school, please send the supporting documents should be submitted electronically to the selected college.
The supporting documents are:
- Copy of child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Year 1, one kindergarten report;
- Educational Psychology Reports or similar (where appropriate);
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – latest stamped tenancy agreement or a current government demand for rates under parent’s name;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – latest original utility bill or bank statement under parent’s name;
- A reference letter from your child’s current school (for applicants seeking admissions to Year 3 and above);
- Copies of examination certificates/results (for Year 12 application);
- Electronic photo of the applicant;
- Details of parent attendance at ESF primary/secondary school (if applicable).
B. 2020/21 Central Applicants (Year 1) for ESF primary schools, Discovery College and Renaissance College and Central Applicants (Year 7) for ESF secondary schools.
Year 1: 1 – 30 September 2019
Year 7: 1 – 23 September 2019
If you are applying under ESF Years 1 or 7 Central Applications, supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application form no later than the dates noted below for Central Application processing. We will not acknowledge supporting documents during the September application period due to the volume of applications.
Year 1 (born in 2015) – Supporting document deadline 8 October 2019
Year 7 (born in 2009) – Supporting document deadline 25 September 2019
Please refer to above in A for list of supporting documents.
Updated on: 23 August 2019