1. Before starting to fill in the online application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card, passport or birth certificate numbers and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number and date of birth details;
- Details of child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Your credit card details for online payment of application fee. You will be requested to enter the 3 or 4 digit code found on the back of your credit card. If you decide to use a VISA card issued by a bank which has launched the“Verified BY VISA” or MasterCard Secure Code, you will be required by the bank to provide details for verification.
- Allow yourself 40-60 minutes to complete; suggested maximum time for online form is 90 minutes.
- Supporting documents (listed on the application checklist) in PDF format.
2. After submitting the online application form
A. General Applications (All other year groups for 2022/23 and 2023/24)
If you are applying under General Applications, supporting documents must be submitted electronically to the school of zone according to your Hong Kong residential address. To determine the school of zone, please refer to ESF school zone document on the website. If in doubt, you may call the school of zone or email firstname.lastname@example.org. An application will only be considered when the necessary documents and application fee are received by the school. Supporting documents must be submitted within seven days of the online application submission.
The supporting documents are:
- Electronic photo of the applicant;
- Copy of child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Year 1, one kindergarten report;
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the child is holding an overseas passport);
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the parent is holding an overseas passport);
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Two documents for proof of Hong Kong address (click here to view the list);
- Copies of examination certificates/results (for Year 12 application).
B. 2023/24 Central Applicants (Year 1) for ESF primary schools, Discovery College and Renaissance College and Central Applicants (Year 7) for ESF secondary schools.
Year 1 and Year 7: 1-30 September 2022
If you are applying under ESF Years 1 or 7 Central Applications, supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application form no later than the dates noted below for Central Application processing. We will not acknowledge supporting documents during the September application period due to the volume of applications.
Year 1 (born in 2018) – Supporting document deadline 8 October 2022
Year 7 (born in 2012) – Supporting document deadline 5 October 2022
Please refer to above in A for list of supporting documents.
Updated on: 13 Sep 2022