Gaining interview priority for admissions into ESF International Kindergartens
The ESF Kindergarten Class A Debenture is priced at HK$500,000.
The Debenture entitles the holder to a one time nomination of one child for a place at an ESF International Kindergarten. A maximum of 150 Class A Debentures will be issued every year. Debenture holders are guaranteed priority “play-visit” for K1 admission (after children of full-time staff and siblings of students attending an ESF school).
The offer of a place will be conditional on passing the “play visit” held at the kindergarten. The final decision whether to offer a place rests with the kindergarten.
Application Procedures for K1 (children born in 2020)
ESF Class A Kindergarten Debenture applications for students seeking admission to K1 in August 2023 may be made from 2 September 2022.
- Click here for the application procedures (the application form will be available on 2 September)
Payment of the Debenture
- When a school place becomes available, a Debenture deposit of HK$50,000 will be required, which is refundable if a child is unsuccessful at the “play visit”. Confirmation of Debenture priority is dependent on the clearance of the deposit cheque.
- The remaining balance of HK$450,000 is payable immediately when a place is accepted.
- The Debenture is not set against school tuition.
- The final offer of a place will be conditional upon the submission of relevant visa proof.
- The Debenture fee is forfeited if the above conditions are not met or if the student withdraws after the Debenture has been issued.
- The Kindergarten Debenture holder may indicate up to three kindergartens in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each kindergarten listed in turn. The kindergartens identified in respect of any applicant can only be changed with the consent of ESF.
- Parents must undertake to make their own travel arrangements for their child if living outside the area covered by the school bus service.
- If all available Debentures for selected kindergarten(s) are taken, the application and deposit cheque will be returned and name and contact details will be placed on the central interest list for the first choice kindergarten. Interest list applicants will be contacted if and when a Debenture becomes available.
- Sibling rights apply once the first child is enrolled into an ESF school.
- If the student accepts the place at an ESF Kindergarten, once they complete K2, they will be offered a place at one of our ESF primary schools or colleges if they can access mainstream education. At this stage, the debenture will be converted into an Individual Nomination Right (INR). If the child transfers to Discovery College or Renaissance College, the Debenture holder will receive a HK$100,000 refund as the cost of an INR for these two colleges is HK$400,000. Students will then complete their time with us by guaranteeing a place through to secondary school. If the student is suggested for placement within the learning support provision or Jockey Club Sarah Roe School and is processed through the ‘admissions and review process’ (ARP) for placement, the Debenture will be refunded if there is no immediate available Year 1 placement. It will not be converted into an INR.
Go to ESF Admissions Policy and Procedures
Go to the FAQs on the Kindergarten Debenture
Updated on: 20 July 2022