Welcome to the ESF Online Application System (OAS)
It is important you read the application Instructions (see below) before you start to complete the application.
Year 1 for August 2022 admission
The application period for August 2022 admission is from 1 to 30 September 2021. Applications received after 30 September will be considered late and placed on the waiting list according to date received.
Click here to access the Year 1 application form.
How to request for the SEN Application Form for other year groups
If you would like to submit an SEN online application, please email the SEN Admissions Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
The ESF application fee is HK$2,000. This is a non-refundable, non-transferable administration fee. For SEN applications, payment of the fee will only be requested and required prior to an observation visit being conducted. The collection of the fee does not constitute any assurance that a school place will be offered. Payment is by cheque.
Please note: If you are experiencing difficulties using the online application form, you may send a request for assistance via email to email@example.com or contact the number below:
SEN Admissions Information: 3762 2522 (during office hours)
Please note that the Online Applications System is suspended between 3:00 am and 3:30 am (Hong Kong time) on Sundays due to maintenance.
Application Instructions (for SEN Applications)
Welcome to the online version of the ESF SEN application.
To get you started with the online application process, please read the instructions below. It has been our experience that applicants most successfully complete the application if they read the entire set of instructions before beginning.
The ESF online SEN application contains 9 sections designated by the following tabs:
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS OF STUDENT
SECTION 2: SCHOOL INFORMATION
SECTION 3: HOME ADDRESS
SECTION 4A: PARENT INFORMATION
SECTION 4B: OTHER CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY
SECTION 5: LANGUAGE BACKGROUND
SECTION 6: MEDICAL AND OTHER NEEDS
SECTION 7: SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
SECTION 8: PARENT STATEMENT OF INTENT
SECTION 9: APPLICANT’S PHOTO
You can move from section to section within the online application by simply clicking one of the ten tabs. In addition, there are a number of quick links, which can help you navigate through the online form.
‘Modify’ button – This function is available on the preview application page. If you wish to edit your application, you may go back to the application and make changes before submitting the application.
‘Submit’ button – This function is available after you have previewed the application and are ready to submit the application form.
‘Print’ button – This function is available after you submit your application.
MANAGING YOUR APPLICATION
Once you have completed the application, you may preview the form before it is submitted. There is an ‘edit’ button to make any changes before submission. Once you hit the ‘submit’ button, the application is saved to the database and you will not be able to electronically edit any part of the application.
After successful submission, you will be asked to ‘print’ your application form to retain for your record.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
The online application form will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete; suggested maximum time for online form is 60 minutes. Please allow yourself enough time before you start.
Be sure to check your email address and make sure it is accurate; otherwise, you will not receive any confirmations or updates from English Schools Foundation.
In addition, please make sure your email account will not block correspondence from English Schools Foundation. Some Internet Service Providers have very sensitive security settings.
Please note: all correspondence will bear the exact name and will be sent to the contact address (email or mailing) you enter in your application. Please make sure this information is correct.
Before you begin the online application, please have ready the following:
- Your child’s Hong Kong ID, passport or birth certificate number and date of birth details.
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong ID or passport number and date of birth details.
- Details of your child’s previous school history.
- A digital photo of your child saved on your computer.
- Credit Card details for application fee online payment
Mandatory fields are identified with a red asterisk *. If no information is available for input to a mandatory field, you should ‘click’ the ‘N/A’ (not applicable) button next to the field or type ‘NA’.
Digital Photo: You should upload your child’s digital photo to the application form. Please save a copy on your computer before you start the online application.
After completing your application, click the submit button. The system will verify that all necessary data is entered correctly. There will be a delay of approximately 30-60 seconds before you view the next screen.
On submission of the online application form, the following will occur:
- The screen will display the ‘application slip’ with your 13-digit unique Application Reference Number. Please print the slip for your records. This reference number along with your child’s name should be used for any enquiry and in correspondence with ESF Centre.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent from the ESF Online Admissions System. (Please note you may not receive the email if your email address has been incorrectly entered or the security on your provider has blocked our system’s email.)
In addition to the SEN application form, which is submitted electronically, you are required to submit supporting documents according to the application checklist on the ESF website electronically by 8 October 2021. An applicant can only be considered when the necessary documents are received. You may upload the supporting documents later if you do not have them on hand at the point of application.
We suggest parents do not wait until the Central Applications deadline of 30 September to submit the online application.
Before you begin work on your ESF SEN application form, please be aware of the following:
Check the information and items to have ready to ensure you know exactly what needs to be submitted in order for you to be considered for admission.
When you have completed application, if you are using a computer which is not your own, please be sure to close your browser for security reasons to protect your personal data.
Your child’s application will be placed on the waiting list. You will be contacted by the ESF SEN Administrator when we are able to progress your application.
If you are not sure that your application was submitted, for example you did not receive an Application Reference Number, it is your responsibility to contact English Schools Foundation to ensure your application was received on our database.
If you have any enquiry or questions regarding completing the ESF SEN application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the SEN Admissions Information number: 3762 2522.
1. Before starting to fill in the SEN application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card number, passport or birth certificate number and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number and date of birth details;
- Details of child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Allow yourself 30-40 minutes to complete; suggested maximum time for online form is 60 minutes.
2. After submitting the SEN application form:
Supporting documents must be submitted electronically by 8 October 2021. An application can only be considered when the necessary documents are received by the ESF Centre. You need to submit:
- Copy of child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Year 1, one kindergarten report;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the child is holding a foreign passport);
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong (*This is mandatory if the parent is holding a foreign passport);
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – latest stamped tenancy agreement or a current government demand for rates under parent’s name;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – latest original utility bill or bank statement under parent’s name;
- Details of your child’s special educational needs and supporting documents (as specified in Section 7 of the application form); and
- Two recent photographs of your child.
Updated on: 30 August 2021