1. Before starting to fill in the online application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card, passport or birth certificate numbers and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number and date of birth details;
- Details of child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Your credit card details for online payment of application fee. You will be requested to enter the 3 or 4 digit code found on the back of your credit card. If you decide to use a VISA card issued by a bank which has launched the“Verified BY VISA” or MasterCard Secure Code, you will be required by the bank to provide details for verification.
- Allow yourself 30-40 minutes to complete; suggested maximum time for online form is 60 minutes.
2. After submitting the online application form
A. 2019/20 Central Applicants (Year 1) for ESF primary schools, Discovery College and Renaissance College and Central Applicants (Year 7) for ESF secondary schools.
Application period: 1 to 30 September 2018
If you are applying under ESF Years 1 or 7 Central Applications, the supporting document should be sent by ‘registered mail’ to the English Schools Foundation, Central Admissions (Year 1 or Year 7), 25/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
Supporting documents must be received by the English School Foundation no later than the dates noted below for Central Application processing. We will not acknowledge supporting documents during the September application period due to the volume of applications. Please check with the post office for confirmation of delivery.
Year 1 (born in 2014) – Supporting document deadline 7 October 2018
Year 7 (born in 2008) – Supporting document deadline 3 October 2018
For late applications to Year 1 submitted after 31 October 2018, please send your supporting documents directly to the school. For late applications to Year 7 submitted after 31 December 2018, please send your supporting documents directly to the school.
The supporting documents are:
- Copy of completed ‘Online Application’ form or the Application slip/acknowledgement email;
- Copy of application fee online payment result;
- Copy of child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Y1, one kindergarten report;
- Educational Psychology Reports or similar (where appropriate);
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Two proof of HK address documents – a copy of a stamped tenancy agreement or a current government demand for rates bill plus an original utility bill or bank statement;
- A reference letter from your child’s current school (for applicants seeking admissions to Year 3 and above);
- Copies of examination certificates/results (for Year 12 application);
- Two passport-style photograph of the applicant;
- Details of parent attendance at ESF primary/secondary school (if applicable).
B. General Applications (All other year groups for 2018/19 and 2019/20)
If you are applying under General Applications and your first preference of school is an ESF primary or secondary school, the supporting documents must be submitted to the school of zone according to your Hong Kong residential address. To determine the school of zone, please refer to ESF school zone document on the website. If in doubt, you may call the school of zone or email email@example.com. An application can only be considered when the necessary documents and application fee are received by the school.
If you are applying for Renaissance College or Discovery College as your first preference of school, please send the supporting documents directly to the selected college.
Please refer to above in A for list of supporting documents.
Updated on: 29 June 2018